This coming Saturday night, Jews all over gather after midnight for Selichot prayers, ushering in the High Holiday season. Selichah means “forgiveness” in Hebrew, as these prayers express our regret over our past misdeeds and our request that G-d forgive us. In Modern...
We are well into the Jewish month of Elul, during which we prepare ourselves for the High Holidays. One of the beautiful customs of this month is to recite Psalm 27 twice a day. In it, King David expresses his rock-solid faith in G-d: “Though an army would besiege me...
- Sun, September 21, 2014 - 1:00pm - 5:00pm
- Mon, September 22, 2014 - 8:00am
- Tue, September 23, 2014 - 8:00am
- Tue, September 23, 2014 - 7:30pm
- Mon, September 29, 2014 - 8:00am